Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Intermittent fasting


I've been doing some form of fasting for a couple years. Usually it's one or two fasts per week. I'll eat dinner, then skip breakfast & lunch the next day. My goal is to resume eating again at dinner, sometimes I only make it until 4 or 5pm.

I like not thinking about what I'm going to eat for almost 24 hours. My husband would rather cut off his arm than fast but for me, it works.

Fasting has become easier now that I've gone wheat and grain free. Any hunger pains or cravings that occur seem much more manageable. When I was a wheat eater, I had broken many fasts 5 or 6 hours early because of the need to chew (usually a bagel or muffin). Today I finished a fast that began yesterday at 6pm and ended at 4pm without a problem.

Most weeks I'll designate Tuesdays and Thursdays as my fasting days.

No comments:

Post a Comment