Thursday, May 10, 2012

I know why I've been falling off the wagon.


I get all excited about "finally losing my wheat belly,this time I'm going to do it!!".  

If I would concentrate on eliminating wheat and possibly other grains, all would be fine and dandy. The problem is my extreme personality (have I mentioned that I've completed 42 marathons). If eliminating grains is good, eating a Paleo diet will be even better! I'll also cut out sugar, dairy, alcohol and maybe even coffee!!

Jumping into a Paleo diet does work for many people. I've read lots of books and blogs from people who have had incredible success and outstanding results. I enjoy the Friday Success stories on Mark's Daily Apple

I want to be one of those success stories.....right now!

What I seem to forget is that part of my brain is like a rebellious teenager. Impose too may rules and restrictions and I'll rebel and run away from home. Well, maybe just rebel and dive into a plate of pasta.

I need to focus on one goal at a time. When that goal has become a habit, I can move on to the next one.

For the next month, maybe more, my priority will be eliminating wheat, as per Dr Davis in wheatbellyblog.com

That's enough on my plate for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment