Saturday, September 15, 2012

I had my bloodwork done

and just got back the results. Here are some of the numbers...

TRIGLYCERIDES         38mg  (I'm eating lots of fat but it's not staying in my blood)
HDL CHOLESTEROL  113mg (this high number should prevent me from having a stroke)
LDL CHOLESTEROL   71mg
CHOL TO HDLC RATIO  1.7
GLUCOSE  85mg (low risk of diabetes)
HEMOGLOBIN A1c   4.9% of total Hgb
ESTIMATED AVERAGE GLUCOSE  94
LIVER GGT     7 U/L
BMI  23.5  (normal!)

The Wheat Belly way of eating is working! I'm tickled pink!

I gave up grains on Memorial Day and sugar on the 4th of July. For 30 days in August, I was strict Paleo. I'm glad I completed a Paleo challenge but it's nice to be eating cheese again. And the occasional glass of wine!

Since my last blog post I've hiked the Grand Canyon and completed a 12 hour race. I know my body is fat adapted because I didn't need to consume carbs for energy. I'll write about it in detail in my next post.

Here I am during the 12 hour race, jumping for joy for my wheat-free life!


No comments:

Post a Comment