Saturday, April 27, 2013

Finally back home

at least until Tuesday!

The 2 half marathons in Las Vegas were terrific. I completed both in a fasted state. After the races I had turkey and cheese roll ups with some nuts.

My husband did the Sunday race with me, he couldn't believe that I was able to go 13.1 miles on a cup of coffee. He had a muffin before the race and energy gels during. After the race he had a sandwich and cookies. Being fat adapted feels as if I have superpowers!

On Monday afternoon I returned home, only to fly out again on Tuesday. This time it was a work conference in Los Angeles. Although I stuck to no grains/no sugar, I ate way too many carbs. All week. Ugh, I'm still bloated. No use wasting ketone strips, I know I'm out of ketosis.

I'm back into my familiar routine, I hope it won't take too long to elevate my ketones. I'll give it a week and then I'll start checking again. I've got lots of glucose strips, I'll go back to doing a daily check of those numbers.

Next race is June 2 in San Diego. I'm not sure if I'm doing the half or whole marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment