Friday, September 9, 2011

I'll be 55 years old next April.

I'm not freaking out about it. Well, maybe just a little bit.

I'm one of those "age is just a number" kind of people. I completed my first marathon at 40 and haven't stopped moving since. I've completed 33 marathons and countless half marathons. I'm planning on completing my first 50 mile race on the weekend I turn 55.

The 50 mile training plan doesn't begin until November 28. I've got until that time to lose some weight.

I'm about 20 (maybe 25) pounds overweight. Extra poundage isn't good at any age. It seems especially bad in my fifties. Jowls, fat rolls, need I say more? If I want to look good in my finish line photo the extra flab needs to go.

I've got a plan in place. It won't involve bagels or muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment