Friday, September 23, 2011

First half marathon..done

13.1 miles done, 26.2 more to go.

The race started at Emerald Bay...


This photo doesn't do it justice, the views were fantastic. The first 3 miles were a brutal downhill, then the course turned onto a bike path. And finished in town.

Bob fusses at me for doing minimal race prep. I usually don't look at race course details, I prefer to be surprised. That's also the case for aid stations and port-a-potties. I figure they'll be on the course somewhere, I'll get to them eventually.

OK, I admit it, I should have read the final instructions. Then I would have known about the non-existent port-a-lets and water only available at mile 10. I knew something was up when I was the only one at the start without a water bottle.

Luckily, after about 2 hours, I came upon a 7-11. I bought a water and used their restroom, all was right with the world again.

Tomorrow I'm going to carry some water, I'm still stumped about the bathroom situation. Maybe I'll stuff some toilet paper in my hat and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment