Monday, September 12, 2011

Keeping it simple

I have a tendency to jump into new en-devours  200%.

For example, I completed my first marathon when I turned 40. I couldn't be content with doing just one, I ended up doing 7 in the same year.

I can be a bit compulsive. Sometimes that's a good thing, I have lots of shiny marathon medals hanging in my office. The flip side is that I can get burned out. That's what happened to me with Bikram yoga. I was so excited about my yoga progress (I was becoming very bendy). Attending a class 3 times a week wasn't enough, I decided to do a class a day for 100 days. I completed my goal, I haven't been to a class in over a year. All my bendy-ness is gone.

I don't want wheat-free to be one of the projects that I start and stop. My first impulse is "I'll not just eliminate wheat, I'll eliminate sugar! and all grains! and other stuff too!".

STOP! Don't go overboard! Stick to the basics....No Wheat. That's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment