Saturday, February 25, 2012

I love Austin so much

that's it's the 5th time I'm done their marathon!

It's been a couple years since my last one, I was happy to see that the course had changed. The last time I did it, I had to take a shuttle to the start. I hate taking shuttles, my favorite races are when the expo, start and finish line are all within 1 mile of my hotel. That's how Austin is now. I was a very happy camper.

My streak of doing marathons in good weather is still intact. When I arrived on Saturday, the weather was gloomy with intermittent downpours. Here's a view from my hotel around 4pm..

Go away rain!
 Luckily, by Sunday morning, the rain was gone and replaced by sunny skies. The tempts were perfect, low 50's to mid 60's.

I enjoyed the route too. There was none of the dreaded "out and backs". The hills kind of kicked  my ass but it's good training for the 50 miler. I can't believe it's only 2 months away.

another shiny medal

No comments:

Post a Comment