Saturday, July 14, 2012

Experiment of One

Every so often I'm going to conduct experiments on myself. Some may be excluding certain foods, like dairy or nuts. Some may be a different way to eat, like incorporating intermittent fasting.

It's good to shake things up once in a while.

My first experiment will be intermittent fasting. I'm going to start with Dr Bert Herring's Fast-5 Program.



Dr Herring's website is www.Fast-5.com. One of the things I really like is that Dr Herring gives away his book for FREE! You can download it from his site.

In a nutshell, I'll be training my body to extend my nightly fasts to 19 hours a day. Then I have a 5 hour "feeding" window. One of my goals in using the WheatBelly diet is to train my body to burn fat instead of sugar for energy. That is also one of the objectives of Fast-5. I think this will be a good complement to what I'm already doing, eliminating grains and sugar.

Dr Herring uses 5pm to 10pm as his eating window. I don't usually eat past 6:30,  my eating window will be 2-7pm.

My first step is to gradually push back breakfast from 8am to 2pm. Dr Herring suggests delaying the first meal for 30 min, every 2 days. Tomorrow I'll have breakfast at 8:30 instead of 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment