Friday, July 6, 2012

These little cakes are gonna save me

Here are some photos of teeny cakes from Poparubies, a bakery out of Denver..



More info..
Gluten-free, no added sugars, low glycemic, high fiber, and made from garbanzo bean flour.


The cakes are sweetened with a sugar alcohol called xylitol. 

I was seriously thinking about adding a couple weekly "sugar cheat meals". Although I enjoyed the raw dessert I had yesterday, it wasn't the same as having a piece of the real thing. It's only been 36 hours and I was already feeling sorry for myself.

Not anymore.

I'm going back to Whole Foods and buying up their entire inventory of these cakes. I'll allow myself 2 a day, topped with some whipped coconut milk. The only other sugar source will be from fruit. I'l officially ditching honey and maple syrup.

Thank you little low glycemic cakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment