Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It's been 45 days

since I ditched grains and wheat. This is the longest I've ever been able to do so.

So how do I feel?

Pretty darn good.

My "english muffin for breakfast" habit has been kicked to the curb. I rarely think about them anymore. Before Wheat Belly, I didn't think I'd ever be able to get this monkey off my back. But I did it.

I'm not very not tempted when I pass the bakery section at Whole Foods. I was a regular buyer of all things carby and bread-like. Now I can pass by without a problem.

I wish I could say that weight is falling off me. Sadly, this isn't the case. I think it's due to the fact that I was still consuming sugar. Now that I'm on the sugar wagon, I'm hoping to have saggy pants in the near future.

I sleep through the night. I used to wake up around 3am.

I don't get the "I need a nap" signal around 3pm anymore.

My eyes aren't as puffy. My whole face is de-puffing, which makes me happy. It's no fun staring at a biscuit face in the mirror.

Next week I have an appointment with the primal doctor Dr Jeff Gerber. I'm hoping I see good results with my blood tests.

In summary, I'm a happy camper. I don't have any plans to go back to grains, not even for a weekly "cheat" meal.

I hope the next 45 days busts my sugar habit. I also want to begin adding some weekly intermittent fasting days.

Let's go..


No comments:

Post a Comment