Saturday, June 8, 2013

Another one done

I completed another half marathon (San Diego) without needing energy drinks or sugary gels. Nothing but a cup of coffee before the race!

The race started at 6:45. At 6 I had a cup of coffee. I drank it while walking the 1 mile to the start.

13.1 miles later, I was done. No post race bananas or bagels. O the 2 mile walk back to my hotel I stopped at Starbucks for a grande black coffee.

After a shower I had a fantastic lunch at this place...burgerlounge  Bunless grass fed burger and half a salad. I ate around 1pm. Until lunch, I felt great. No signs of fatigue. During races I always carry a package of almond butter, just in case. I'm happy to say it wasn't needed.

Using fat as fuel is amazing. I never want to go back to being a sugar burner.


No comments:

Post a Comment