Saturday, June 1, 2013

Resistance is futile

When it comes to what I eat, I'm taking it easy.
I'm not going back to eating grains or sugar. I'm just not labeling myself anymore. I'm not "dairy-free" or "paleo", etc.

Once I proclaim that I'm on such and such a plan, I begin to resist.

After a million different experiments, here is what seems to be working for me, right now..

kind of paleo (whole foods)
kind of LCHF (especially the high fat dairy part)
16/8 intermittent fasting

That's what I'm going to do until it doesn't feel right. I know I'm fat adapted, however, I think I'l keep checking my numbers until my ketone and glucose strips are gone.

I'm in San Diego. Tomorrow I'm completing the half marathon. It feels right to stick to the half marathon distance this year. I'm sure I'll be doing another marathon or ultra, just not anytime soon.

Time to climb in bed and watch tv for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment