Sunday, February 17, 2013

Another experiment

this time with intermittent fasting.

I usually do Brad Pillon's Eat Stop Eat plan. Two days a week I fast from dinner to dinner the next day. Two 24 hour fasts.

I decided to switch things up and do a 16 hour daily fast. I've been doing some research on this type of fasting and am interested to see how it will work for me. I'm going to eat from around 11am to 7pm.

Before I eat my first meal, I'll check my blood. I'll be very curious to see how this type of fasting affects my ketones. My schedule has been eating breakfast around 9am, skipping lunch because I'm not hungry, then testing my blood around 3pm. My ketones have ranged from .8 to 1.4. I'll be interested to see if a daily fast changes my numbers.

I plan to do this experiment for 6 weeks. I'll post my numbers on a daily basis.

Today is Day 1. I finished eating dinner last night around 6:45. It's 10:40am, just coffee until 11. Time to prick my finger...

Fasting Glucose  63
Ketones  .3

Aaarghh...my ketones suck.
Let's see what this daily fasting does to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment