Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hurry up ketone strips!

Still waiting on my order for more strips. Since they come from Canada, it takes time. I have 7 strips left, I stopped checking my ketones this week, to save them.

I quickly learned that checking my ketones on a daily basis keeps me on track. Even if the reading is low, I stay aware of how many carbs I'm consuming. Since I stopped testing, all bets are off!

I haven't completely fallen off the wagon. No grains or sugar. But lots of peanut butter, more fruit than usual, bigger scoops of yogurt, etc. I can tell by how I feel that I'm out of ketosis. I'm getting hungrier than usual and my food cravings are coming back. I"m looking forward to the detached feeling, more like "food is fuel" feeling I get when I'm in NK.

Today, I'm back on track. I may wait a few days before I check my blood. I don't need to confirm that I'm out of ketone range, it may take a couple days to get back in.

In other news, I'm heading to Vegas next weekend for a half marathon. I need to ensure I'm in fat burning mode by then..

No comments:

Post a Comment