Sunday, November 11, 2012

100% Chocolate Bars

I've been on a mission to find the best 100% chocolate bars.

For my Fat Bombs, I've been using Lily's chocolate, sweetened with stevia.


They work well combined with coconut oil, nut butter and butter. For eating straight, the taste of stevia is too strong for me.

I've sampled several 100% bars. Here are my top 3...

Francois Pralus 100% bar


This bar is from France. I can't read most of the words on the back, however, there were some sentences in English..

"Our 100% bar is chocolate in it's purest form. This means it has no sugar added, it's pure cocoa paste. Francois Pralus has his own cacao plantation in Madagascar on the island of Nosy Be. (Wow, this bar traveled a long way!). The extra long conche time (I don't know what the heck that means) gives roundness and lusciousness to this ultra high percentage bar". 

This is my second favorite bar, it's smooth and has a taste of vanilla.

TCHO 99% bar

I can't find a photo of the 99% bar

TCHO is made in San Francisco. Here's some info from the back of the bar..

"Flavor Notes: Roasted nut and espresso notes with accents of toasted malt and dried fruits. The cocao is sourced from Peru and Ecador.An insanely rich, not bitter, flavor experience"

I can taste the espresso notes in this bar, a square or two is terrific with a cup of coffee. This is my third favorite bar.

My favorite bar is this one...

DOMORI IL100%




When I first had this bar, I rechecked the ingredients, it's so smooth, I was sure it had sugar added. Nope, just 100% chocolate. Domori is from Italy, no English on the back of the package. Let me tell you, the Italians know how to do 100% chocolate bars. This is crazy good, smooth and rich. Unfortunately, it's crazy expensive too. I'm researching chocolate shops on the web, maybe I can get a price break if I buy a case.

My body is still in fat burning mode, my ketone reading was 2.1 today. I have a good idea of what my readings will be. When I'm at 1.5 or higher, I can go all day without being hungry. I still can't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment