Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Intermittent fasting

I used to do the Eat Stop Eat program that was started by Brad Pilon. In a nutshell, you eat dinner, then eat nothing until the following day's dinner. Although you're fasting for 24 hours, you still get to eat a meal everyday. I would aim to do intermittent fasting once or twice a week.

I haven't done a fasting day for a couple months. Since I'm in nutritional ketosis, I thought it would be a good time to try one again. I ate dinner last night, then skipped breakfast and lunch. I'm not rigid about the 24 hours, I think I got to about 22 before I ate.

no breakfast or lunch for me today
I felt good throughout the day. I never had any hunger pangs. My energy was also consistent.

Yesterday my ketones were 2.3. Today, after a 22 hour fast they were 3.8.

I'm going to sprinkle in a day or two of fasting per week. I like taking a break from thinking about what to eat. When I'm fasting, the choice is simple, either water or black coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment