Friday, November 2, 2012

Day of the Dead Racing Series

was held along the Rio Grande River in Las Cruces, New Mexico.

La Llorona Park

The races began in La Llorona park. La Llorona means "crying lady". The legend is that a woman drowned her 2 children in the river to be with her lover. After the deed is done, her lover rejects her. Now she haunts the river at night. I'm glad to know that I won't be the only one crying at the river. My plan was to do 4 marathons in 4 days.

I ended up doing 2 marathons and 2 half marathons.


This was the cool graphic used for the t-shirt and medal


Despite a 40 degree temp change during the day (low 40's in the am, climbing to low 80's in the afternoon) and some nasty blood blisters, I had a terrific time.

My ketones were 2.8 today, solidly in fat burning. I may step on the scale tomorrow to see what's going on. My fasting glucose was 77.


No comments:

Post a Comment